ST540 - Applied Bayesian
- Prerequisites: ST 512 or comparable background.
- Term & Frequency: Spring
- Student Audience: Graduate students seeking to learn to use Bayesian methods
- Credit: 3 credits
- Recent Texts: Doing Bayesian Data Analysis, 2nd Edition. J. Kruschke
- Recent Instructors: Brian Reich, Alyson Wilson
- Background and Goals: The goal of this course is to introduce Bayesian data analysis methods
to students who do not have a theoretical background in statistics.
- Content: Introduction to Bayesian concepts of statistical inference; Bayesian learning; Markov chain Monte Carlo methods using existing software (SAS and OpenBUGS); linear and hierarchical models; model selection and diagnostics.
- Alternatives: ST 740 (requires theory background)
- Subsequent Courses: None
SP 2017 Sections:
|-||/ - |